Everclear Kratom Extraction: How To Do This Method at Home
Kratom extracts are a fun, new way to enjoy the benefits of the powerful Mitragyna speciosa herb. Allowing users to experience the fullness of the plant’s effects, extracts are easily becoming the preferred method of use for most kratom enthusiasts.
While there’s nothing wrong with storebought kratom extracts quality-wise (if you’re buying from a reputable source), constantly having to purchase extracts can put a dent in your wallet. So if you’ve got the time, you might consider making your kratom extract at home. Wondering how to do it? Here’s a thorough guide.
What You’ll Need
Producing your kratom extract won’t require much, and most of these materials can be found at home. Preparing them before you begin can help guarantee proper execution of the necessary steps and, hopefully, better extract quality.
- Kratom (strain and color vein of your choice)
- Large, flat sheet pan
- Large airtight mason jar
- Container for the resulting extract
- Parchment paper
How to Perform Everclear Kratom Extraction
Now, with all the supplies ready, you can start the process. Be careful to carefully move through each step to ensure you’re doing it right.
- Freeze your kratom. Placing your kratom in a freezer for about two to three hours will cause the particles to expand. This allows a more rapid extraction of the alkaloids contained in the powder once you place the kratom into alcohol.
- Add kratom to an empty mason jar. Take the frozen kratom out of the fridge and add it to an empty mason jar. See to it that the jar is cleaned and dried beforehand. Fill the jar 2/3 or 1/2 of the way.
- Mix some vinegar. The purpose of vinegar is that it works as a polar solvent and a pH regulator. This helps protect the integrity of the alkaloids during the extraction process, so they’re not broken down and degraded. You’ll want to add enough vinegar, so the powder is saturated but not swimming in the fluid. Mix the ingredients well since kratom powder is hydrophobic and will not willingly mix with the vinegar. Leave the mixture for an hour.
- Add Everclear. Now it’s time to add your non-polar solvent, or in this case, Everclear. Pour a generous amount into the jar so that every bit of kratom is saturated in the fluid. Seal the lid and shake vigorously to ensure that no kratom powder particle is left without Everclear. Leave this mixture as is for the next two days to six weeks, depending on your preference. Store the jar in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Agitate the jar daily to ensure the powder is thoroughly mixed in with the fluid.
- Prepare your sheet pan. Line the pan with parchment paper all along its sides and bottom. This should make it easier for you to collect the kratom extract once the evaporation process is complete.
- Decant the solution. Crack open your mason jar and decant the solution into your lined sheet pan, so the powder and sediments at the bottom don’t pour out with the fluid.
- Wait for the fluid to evaporate. Place the pan in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Avoid covering the pan so as not to hinder the evaporation process. The larger the pan’s surface area, the shorter you’ll wait for the alcohol to evaporate. While it’s ideal to wait it out, you can apply heat by popping the sheet pan into an oven at 185°F or a dehydrator at 165°F.
- Collect the resulting extract. When the solution is wholly dried and evaporated, you should be left with a fine powder-like substance lining the bottom of the sheet pan on top of the parchment paper. This is your kratom extract. Carefully collect the substance and place it into an airtight container.
Under the right conditions, a jar of kratom extract can last for years. Proper storage techniques can help extend your extract’s shelf life and keep the potency of its alkaloids intact. Some tips you can try include:
- Storing your extract away from heat and moisture
- Placing the extract in a tinted glass tub or jar to protect against UV exposure
- Using a serving spoon to get your kratom dose
- Avoiding returning extract that’s already been taken out of the container
- Washing your hands before handling your extract
Over to You
Kratom extracts don’t have to be expensive. With a bit of vinegar and some Everclear, you should be able to turn your bland old powder into a potent extract at home. Just make sure you follow these steps and properly store your new extract after it’s completed to extend its shelf life and keep its potency intact.